I’m proud to be a sex symbol –Victoria Kimani

Victoria Kimani
Hate her or love her Kenyan singer, Victoria Kimani, has come to
Nigerian music industry to stay. With her current single, Show,
rocking Nigerian airwaves, the singer has said she is
unapologetic about being a sex symbol.
In a chat with Saturday Beats, she said that her style is an
expression of herself.
“I don’t think it is a bad thing to be a sex symbol. My feminist
side is very proud of being a sex symbol. I should not apologise
for being sexy. I try my best to be myself, I express myself in the
best way I can so if people see me and say that I am selling sex
or the idea of sex, I think it is the person’s problem and not
mine,” she said.
Unknown to many, the singer is the daughter of a missionary.
She shared some experiences she had while growing up as
missionary’s daughter.
“My parents are pastors and they have an orphanage that
houses about 15 kids in Nigeria. We came here in 1999 and
stayed in Benin City. They have had the orphanage for about 14
years and if any of the children clocks 18, they send the person
to college on scholarship; thanks to people that support the
orphanage. With this system they can admit new set of children
that need their help. I grew up around that atmosphere with little
girls who were taken from the streets who were rape victims,
prostitute or a prostitute’s child. My parents would bring them in
and take care of them. My mother used to take me to the female
prison where she went to preach and minister to some of the
inmates. I never had sisters so these girls were like my sisters,”
she said.
Copyright PUNCH. All rights reserved. This material, and other digital
content on this website, may not be reproduced, published,
broadcast, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior
express written permission from PUNCH.
Contact: editor@punchng.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nigeria gets Africa's first football pitch lit by players

I work for Lagos policeman, says suspected robber April 11, 2016

Police arrest Lagos prince, others during cult initiation