Ministerial screening: Again, Fashola clears air on N78m website

The former governor, who indirectly addressed the issue after
the question, ”Did you really open a Website with 78Million
Naira?” was raised by Senator Enyinnaya Abaribe at the
senate while he, Fashola was undergoing screening as a
ministerial nominee at the senate chambers said he doesn’t
sign checks or award contracts.
He added, “I don’t fix contract prices, it is an institutional
process. The only training I have is that of a lawyer, But in
order to execute works on a project we need the input of
architect, quantity surveyors, structural engineer and we
have consulting ministries; For civil works it is the Ministry of
Works, for science it is the Ministry of Science and
Technology among others.
Now periodically, they do market surveys with the Ministry of
Economic Planning , the Statisticians are there to fix prices
from biro to Iron rod to cement and it is approved and
becomes the  benchmark price of government procurements,
nobody can award any other contract over that benchmark.”
The unfortunate thing about money is that it often raises
suspicions even among brothers. Nobody have alleged that I
have corruptly enriched myself, I could not be the master of
computers and technology, I need something to do my work.
or award contracts.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nigeria gets Africa's first football pitch lit by players

AUGUST 16, 2015 : ALJAZEERA

I work for Lagos policeman, says suspected robber April 11, 2016