Amokachi: I’m not in Nnewi for money

Newly appointed Technical Adviser of Ifeanyi Uba FC, Daniel
Amokachi has said that he did not join the club because of the
money of proprietor and Capital Oil and Gas Chairman, Ifeanyi
Uba. Speaking during his unveiling at the Rojeny Stadium I Oba,
Anambra State, the former Everton forward said that he joined
Ifeanyi Uba out of passion for the Nigerian league and his quest
to contribute his quota to the development of local talents.
“I am proud to be appointed technical adviser as it is the first
time that I am being appointed the technical adviser of a club.
Its a honour for His Excellency to have respect and confidence
in me to take charge of the team and take it to the place that he
is dreaming of .
We have been following the vision that he has because for an
individual to come out and buy a club and to spend millions of
naira building such a stadium is not easy. That shows you that
he is serious with this soccer business.
“By his grace, we are here with John Obuh, who has been in
charge of the team but the board decided to elevate him to the
technical director of the team. And Ike Shorunmu, who is now
the goalkeeper trainer. With such a team with proven pedigree,
we are taking this club somewhere great.. We should forget all
that happened in the last month because that is the way football
goes at times.
“We will fortify the team and bring in one or two good players so
that we can take the team to the next level. But on our part, we
will do our best to ensure that we get the ticket to represent
Nwewi, Anambra and Nigeria in the continent, the first in history
from this state.
“The most important thing in football is results. I am a seasoned
coach, who loves being o the pitch. I am the first ex-
international who came back from Europe to take charge of a
Premier League side, Nasarawa United. Nobody knew about
Nasarawa United at that time but I went there, finished fourth in
the Super Four and wet as far as the quarter-final stage of the
Champions League.
“I love challenges. If you don’t want to be challenged, then you
don’t have any business being in the league. In the last couple
of years, where ever you see His Excellency, you see me. It is
not about money. It has gone beyond money. “It is the belief
and respect that he has for me that made him to choose me for
this job. And I love to take up the challenge and promise that
everybody will smile at the end of the season”, added the former
1994 Africa Cup of Nations winner.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nigeria gets Africa's first football pitch lit by players

I work for Lagos policeman, says suspected robber April 11, 2016

Police arrest Lagos prince, others during cult initiation