Bad company made me a robber - Suspect

By Christopher Oji
An armed robbery suspect has blamed his woes on bad
company.
Amusa Andy who was arrested after a  robbery incident
told Daily Sun in Lagos that he was a responsible man
before he met one Ayoola who introduced him into the
crime world.
“Really, I was arrested for armed robbery by the Police but
I will be frank with you, the robbery was planned by one of
my friends, Ayoola. I was a very homely and good guy
before I met him. He was the mastermind of the robbery.
He provided the guns we used.  I don’t really handle guns
but Ayoola and others were armed.
“He told me that he had a good job for me since I lost my
job in a manufacturing company. I followed him to a place
he said we were going to do the negotiation. When we
arrived there, we met two other guys that he introduced as
his business partners. After discussing with them, Ayoola
told me that I would be going for a robbery operation with
them. I had no person that I could run to for safety I then
asked how safe was the operation?
“Ayoola explained that we were going to rob a woman of
her hand bags containing money. He said the woman had
money running into millions of Naira. He told me that as a
woman, the operation would not be difficult. I followed
them. It was Ayoola that provided the guns that we used.
“When we arrived the scene of the operation, Ayoola
pointed a gun at the woman and ordered me to snatch her
bag. I did it successfully and handed it over to one of the
two guys that followed us. Immediately, I handed the bag
to the man, they took off with the bag, I also fled the
scene. It was while trying to escape that some
sympathisers started pursuing us and I was arrested while
Ayoola and his criminal friends escaped.
“I was arrested and handed over to the Police after I was
given the beating of my life. Anyway, my arrest is a very
big deliverance for me, because if I had escaped, maybe, I
would have become a professional armed robber. But with
my arrest now, I can easily repent. In fact, those who
know me will be very surprised to hear that I went for
robbery. I was a very good guy until I met Ayoola.
“I want to beg the government to please forgive me for I
am a first time offender. I had never been involved in any
crime. Let the Police tamper justice with mercy. I also
want my family to forgive me because I have brought the
family name into disrepute. The devil really used Ayoola to
ruin me. I don’t know where Ayoola live. What did I gain
from tarnishing my father’s name? I gained nothing and
that is why I am  advising  the youths to be careful so as
not to join evil gang. They should learn from my mistakes”
A police detective said the suspect was being economical
with the truth.  “This man and others now on the run have
been on the wanted list of the police. The gang had been
terrorising the state. They operated everywhere, we have
been looking for the gang from Ikorodu down to Ajah, we
could not get them until they went to snatch a bag from a
woman who raised the alarm. I think nemesis has caught
with in.”
The State commissioner of Police, Mr. Fatai Owoseni said
the suspects would soon be charged to the court after
investigation.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nigeria gets Africa's first football pitch lit by players

I work for Lagos policeman, says suspected robber April 11, 2016

Police arrest Lagos prince, others during cult initiation