I robbed my madam to raise money for my mum’s surgery – Housemaid





By Christopher Oji
THE Lagos State Police Command has arrested a
housemaid who robbed her madam of cash and valuables
worth several millions of Naira.
Also in Police net is the elder brother to the house help.
The housemaid, Chidima (other names withheld) and her
brother, Emma, indigenes of Ebonyi State are being
detained at the Special Anti Robbery Squad (SARS) Ikeja.
Chidima who Spoke with Daily Sun said: “I actually
committed the robbery. I waited for my madam to leave
for office and I ransacked the house. I collected expensive
things, such as, laptops, tablet, Ipads, gold, phones and
money. I then called my elder brother to meet me
somewhere and handed everything to him for sale.
“After handing over the items to my brother, I returned
home and raised the alarm that robbers have raided our
house. My madam believed the story and even treated me
thinking that I may have been injured. I was crying all
through and Madam was pleading with me to stop crying
so that I won’t break down.
“Sir, I must confess, I did it to raise money for my
mother’s surgery. She has been sick and our Doctor
charged N500,000 for the treatment. I begged my madam
to assist me but she said she had no money. I have tried
many of our relatives, none was willing to help and my
brother kept disturbing me with phone calls. The
harassment was too much for me to bear, hence, I decided
to remedy the situation by robbing my madam.
“I may not have told my brother that I robbed my madam,
but where did he think that I got the things I gave him to
sell? I am a housemaid on a monthly salary of N20,000.
My brother should stop blaming me, after all, it was his
mistake that put us in this mess. I successfully perfected
everything and my madam had no iota of suspicion that I
did it.
“Instead of selling the items my brother started using the
Tabletops and it was through his foolishness that the
police tracked and arrested him. I was shocked when he
was brought face-to-face with me. Let him stop crying and
admit what we did. Let us carry our crosses. My only re­
gret is that my mother is still sick and we have been
subjected to ridicules. If I had known, I would have allowed
things to work out their natural ways.”
His elder brother who was weeping like a baby said: “She
did not tell me that she stole the things. She told me that
her madam gave her the things. I was so happy and told
her that I should thank her madam for the gift but she
prevented me. She said her madam does not like people
showing appreciation when she does good things. She is
my sister, so I believed her. Now that I know the truth, I
will never trust her again. I want the Police to forgive us as
we are first offenders.”
The State Commissioner Of Police, Mr. Fatai Owoseni
said: “The Househelp was employed three months ago
through the internet. She belongs to a syndicate that send
its members to houses as house helps with the intention
to rob their employers. She would have committed more
havoc if detectives did not crack the syndicate on time.
That is why we are always appealing to the public not to
employ domestic staff through the internet.
He said the Police was on the trail of other members of the
syndicate who are on the run.
From James Udoh , Ibadan
A retired banker, Mr. Joseph Deyibo, has prayed the
Oja’ba/Mapo Customary Court, Ibadan, Oyo State, to end
his union of 28 years with his estranged wife, Dupeola,
over alleged negligence, ill-manner and threat to life.
Deyibo, who lives at College Crescent-Popoyemoja,
wanted the marriage dissolved, because, according to him,
his wife has become a threat to his life, while marriage has
become sour.
He alleged that his wife mismanaged his pension benefits
of N10 million and got him indebted to the extent of selling
his property.
“For the past eight years now, I don’t have access to any
of my property anymore. She is threatening to kill me. She
promised to kill me if I ask for my property. The
documents of my property including my house, land and
other valuables have her name written on them. Worse
still, she has turned my five children against me; one even
disowned me as his father.”
The father of five described Dupeola as cruel and mean,
who did not care about him: “My earnings go to her and
the children, with the family’s upkeep. Despite all these,
she would not call me to know how I am faring, where I
am or anything. So, I can no longer tolerate her and I want
the court to please dissolve our marriage.”
However, the defendant denied that any of his children
disowned her husband as father. She alleged that the ex-
banker abandoned his family. She said both of them built
the house which Deyibo claimed as his own: “I am a good
wife and mother to my children and I still love my
husband.”
President of the court, Chief Odunade Ademola, severed
the union, which he noted had broken down irretrievably.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Nigeria gets Africa's first football pitch lit by players

I work for Lagos policeman, says suspected robber April 11, 2016

Police arrest Lagos prince, others during cult initiation